Friday, April 13, 2012

An open letter to the artist who created the Mitt Romney vs Obama 2012, Mitt Romney Video which I sent to Info@ydraw.com.

Dear artist,

I applaud your grassroots efforts to support Mitt Romney. On the whole I am left very impressed.

As an active member of the LDS church, I was interested in taking issue with a minor detail that your vid discussed.

I think it’s fine to mention that Mitt Romney is a member of the LDS church and that he follows its morals is a great example of an LDS person. I also think it’s great that you mention that Mormons and Mitt Romney are Christians and that the Founding Fathers wrote the constitution based on Christian morals.

All which I believe to be true.

I also this it's great to mention prophecies from Joseph Smith about the end of times and the disintegration of the constitution and the republic which is stands on.

As a member of the LDS faith, I wish you had't suggested that Mitt Romney is one of those elder's foretold "to support the constitution as it hangs by a thread".

I say this for two simple reasons:

I don’t think it’s clear Mitt Romney will support the constitution better than the current president.

I highly doubt he will support the Constitution better, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and posit that his support level is unclear to be better than that of the current president. Most of the vids that result when you search ‘Mitt Romney flip-flop’ are decent examples of Mitt Romney’s flippancy and ability to change opinions regarding issues. Some of these include, Pro-Life to Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun control to Pro-Gun rights, among others. So when I say he could do equally worse than the current president in supporting the constitution, I could be pleasantly surprised to find out he is much better.

The worst ways that the president is attacking our liberties, Mitt Romney has pledged to continue. At the beginning of the year, the president signed into law the NDAA, which allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens. When Romney was asked if he supported it, he said he did. When asked if he supported an audit of the private Federal Reserve, he said he doesn’t support an audit and would reappoint Ben Bernanke as the Federal Reserve Chairman. To Romney’s credit and style, he did change his opinion on the Chairman.

And again, I couch these feelings with the notion that I find it impossible to have much opinion politically about the former governor. As it was impossible to portend what kind of legislation Obama had in mind, I find it impossible to portend anything that the former governor will do if he were elected. Of course campaign promises have been made by both the former governor and senator, but if presidential race history repeats itself, we should only expect these promises to be nothing more than campaign promises.

Your optimism is that Romney will uphold the constitution is fine to have to be sure. I do however take issue with your

I did take another issue with your video, which I am still trying to formulate how to say in a cogent and civil manner. But I am too tired to care anymore and need to go out on a date.

I will post this open letter on my website Andrewpedia.blogspot.com and you are welcome to respond and I will post your response there.

No comments: